Easy like a Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning in Springtime.  So today for the first time, I'm sitting out back with my new laptop just enjoying the warmth of that spring day with a non-alcoholic beverage right next to me and the sounds of lawn mowers all around me which I took care of on Friday.  Got the grill going with some low and slow tri-tip going, and just enjoying the break from it all.  

As the song says "I'm easy like a Sunday Morning."  

Maybe later, I'll turn on the Masters for the final few hours, but outside of Pebble Beach and maybe the Celebrity event in Lake Tahoe, is there a more picturesque site in Golf and maybe sports as a whole then Amen Corner in Athens?  

Look, I'm not a golfer with the exception of hitting the driving range when I feel like it which isn't often, but catching Sunday of the tournaments is a pretty cool thing.  

Spring Time.  As if most of you didn't notice, Spring time is here, and today there was a cool video on my usual source about the Cherry Blossoms in Japan.  

Social Media - AGAIN.  So the other day I attached a newsletter to a facebook page I manage.  A picture was deemed offensive or violent, so they blurred it out.  Now granted, they gave the viewer the option to view the picture, but let me say this - the picture was of a statue at a California Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Sacramento:


Look, I get it, but as others say, I've seen far worse of the same stuff on Facebook.

ESPN.  Years ago, my wife taught me a valuable lesson, one that I kept close to my heart that I only violated once - which I regret because I burned a lot of bridges.  Here's the point if you're not having fun anymore, what's the point of doing the same thing?  

In this woke culture, we hear the term "boycott" frequently as we have throughout our lives.  There are a whole lot of folks pissed at ESPN and I can't necessarily blame them, but at the same time, don't fucking announce it, just walk away.  

If ESPN is that bad, just walk.  As for me, hey, they aren't my cup of tea, but with that said, I'm now just apathetic, both about ESPN and sports in general.  I don't care - it doesn't affect my daily life.  When I want scores or updates, I'll check online, if they don't have it, I'll check another site.  It really isn't that difficult to grasp.  

Here's the thing, nobody gives a shit if you leave - your best course of action to get attention is just walk away and say nothing, and if enough people do that, then what happens?  Clicks go down and so does viewership.  They pay attention to what affects the bottom line - they could care less if Joe Blow is out there pouting.  

As for what ESPN feels?  They wannabe pissed about Pat MacAfee?  So flipping what?  Pat MacAfee is the 2010's version of 1990's Jim Rome.  It's cool and fresh and different.  It caters to a different audience.  


Food-BBQ.  One day, I'm going to travel across the country and discover who actually has the best BBQ.  I've been fortunate enough to go to Kansas City - and it will be hard to beat that place.  When I BBQ, I do Texas Style, but with subtle KC differences.  

I want to go to Memphis, Carolina, St. Louis, and Texas and make the decision for myself, but with respect to Anthony Bourdain, what I found in Kansas City for the most part was great people with awesome cooking skills, and the awesome smell of BBQ smoke.  Honestly, I miss that.

But for the here and now, it's time to build a bbq shack in my backyard and find a way to get a TV propped up on my wall on the back patio.  Maybe build some kind of pergola that has a solar powered ceiling fan to keep it relatively cool.  

Vet's Corner.  Been pretty busy with some veterans stuff and as we draw closer to May that's really gonna ramp up.  

Travel.  Next week it's back to Palm Springs, then after that South Florida, Wyoming and South Dakota, and then Oklahoma and Kansas City - and of  course the side trip to Nevada never sucks especially with good weather.  Been waiting to get away...

As part of my trip to Florida, I will be going to Key West, one of the haunts of Ernest Hemingway and today while doing research for something, I ran across this quote for spring time and it seems particularly relevent for my blog today:

“When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.”  ― Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

Final Thought.  So what have we learned here today?  Outside of my ability to find an Ernest Hemingway Quote, most likely nothing, but that's not the point.  I do this to let the stuff in my brain find an outlet.  If you happen to like it then cool.  

Comments