A mix of stuff

Yesterday I was coming home from the store and I noticed my local gas station was up to $3.85 per gallon.  You know it's amazing that for what appeared to be quite a while we were paying between $2.75 and $3.00 per gallon, and all of a sudden...

Paris Hilton is back.  Oh jeez, as if things aren't bad enough, this loser comes sniffing around...and we are giving her the one thing she wants, attention.  Just ignore her and she'll go away.

NFL.  

  • J. J. Watt shocked everybody and went to Arizona?  OK great.  Phoenix usually needs "a splash", but I don't get this one unless it was strictly about the money.  Oft injured he goes to a team that isn't really going anywhere unless it gets more help?  And where was Kansas City on this one, or are they just at the cap?
  • Now Russell Wilson's name is coming out as speculation for a trade?  Seattle would be stupid to let him go.  
  • The Detroit Lions are saying that they are going to make sure that Duce Staley is "primed and ready" to become a head coach in the NFL.  OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKK, I have no problem with that but don't you think that perhaps fixing the organization and the product on the field might just be as big a priority?  
  • Hey Washington, you really released Alex Smith?  After releasing Haskins?  OK, what's the end game here?  Who is the QB?  

MLB.  Last Sunday Spring Training games started, and I plopped down to play MLB Network on the TV while I was doing stuff around the house, and the first game was Toronto and the Stankees.  Memo to MLB, if you want to know why Baseball is struggling its because people are bored with the same few teams.  You could have shown any other game, but that is the one you broke out with.  Start showing teams outside of the usual six or seven.  Believe it or not there are some possibly good stories out in MLB if you just look for them...

CFB.  Not usually the time of year, but at least I get to watch some Football.  UC Davis made the trip up to Moscow, Idaho to play the Vandals.  The Aggies won the game 27-17 but the defense in the second half was impressive.  

Chill the Fuck out.  I'm not necessarily a fan of Bill Maher, but he says something here a lot differently than I might be thinking, but the overall point is spot on - CHILL THE FUCK OUT.  One thing he said that I 100% agree with is this - I want to escape shit for awhile, but I can't.  Everywhere I look, stand, or watch, I'm constantly reminded of misery.  I can't make a purchase at a store without being asked for a donation to this that or the other as my bill is being rung up.  Yes, there is a lot of bad in this world, I get it and I want to help, but like Maher says, you need a break from it or you'll go absolutely ape shit.  Let's take a step back from the ledge.  

I know it seems odd coming from me, who advocate for veterans, but sometimes we need to take a step back and let people recharge.  

Awareness is one thing, education is another, but in the end perhaps if we truly want to solve the problems, we need to fix them and stop talking about them.  Just like you all, I'm tired of Cancer and other medical maladies, drugs, and so much more, but if you want to do something, start asking questions.  For instance, how the hell did we get a vaccine to COVID so fast and we're still screwing with Cancer treatments?  That is not political rhetoric, it's just a simple question. 

Final Thought.  Frustration reigns supreme across everything and it seems like we ourselves can't just escape it.  But I think we all need to take a step back and figure out that our frustration is perhaps self-made.  We all look at things through a certain prism of our own making and choosing, and the fact is like Bill Maher says, we can't do a whole lot about it, but in one sense, I disagree.

I often say that we should perhaps be the solution and not the problem.  Let's work towards fixing things.  If there is a cause you truly believe in - work it.  Better yet, don't send money, volunteer your time.  Don't depend on so-called "leaders" to fix things - look how that's gone, be it government, business, media, or anywhere else...

 

Comments