Roses, Rants, and a Discovery

Roses.  Roses are beautiful, but they do have flaws, just like people in life, and the funny part is that sometimes you use manure to protect them - sound familiar?  There are times where people think they are slick - and a lot of times they're not.  Sometimes, those who you think you played know exactly what the fuck is going on.  

I know you'd like to think your shit don't stank, but
Lean a little bit closer, see
Roses really smell like poo-poo-ooh
Yeah, roses really smell like poo-poo-ooh

To those that think they're slick, always remember - you're not.  Roses have thorns, and while you plant them, it is said that manure is used to protects roses.  In the end however is that the result is the Rose returns to the Earth and becomes part of that compost and everybody forgets - until Spring.  Just food for thought.

New Administration.  I promised that I would give the new "leaders" in DC a chance - an open mind if you will.  So just for kicks, I watched the daily Press Conferences by the Press Secretary this week - and wow - she had no idea of half of what is going on?  She's getting softball questions and she has to "circle back" a lot.  Either Biden has no idea what he wants to do, or his talking heads simply have no clue and that is troubling.  

OK, first off, saying you have to "circle back" means you're not cool.  I'd have rather you said, I don't know, can I get back to you?  

Secondly, this person is not a good representative of whatever the new administration is trying to do.  How in the world am I supposed to make an informed decision when the person whose responsibility it is to explain things to the media can't express it?  

Bernie Sanders outfit at the inauguration is racist and white privilege?  Tom Brady is "getting a pass" for supporting Trump?  Are you kidding me?  I agree that there are issues that need to be addressed, but we have to start ignoring these asshats who just throw shit on the wall to see what sticks.

Yes, there is racism in this country and yes, people aren't treated right in many places.  But when you make comments like this about Sanders and Brady, then you make the important matters less serious because nobody is going to take this crap seriously.

As for Republicans, here's a free piece of advice:  Get out of the way - vote your conscience, but vote just enough to not be considered an obstructionist.  Either way you win - If Demoncrats policies fail, they'll pay the price.  If they work, you get credit for not being obstructionist, but the Country as a whole wins - and after all, doesn't that matter?  Let the people do a comparison.  

On to more important matters:

Super Bowl 55.  Tampa ran up on Kansas City and I'm shocked.  Not that they won, but I didn't think the one game where KC was kinda lackadaisical would be in the Super Bowl.  The Coaching Staff wasn't prepared in any way, KC's O-Line was ashambles, the defense couldn't stop anybody, and I could be wrong, but I saw no adjustments.  Tampa should have scored much, much more.

Tampa won, and they celebrated.  But of course the Narks and the Media were out there pissing and moaning about COVID and all that.  I wonder if New York or LA had won the Super Bowl if they would still be bitching.  Get over it, Tampa won and fans celebrated, and Florida isn't big on regulation anyway.  

Speaking of the narks and the nanny state, I'm a bit surprised you a-holes haven't gone after Bills Mafia for their insanity.  Oh that's right - they're in New York, so it's OK.

A Super Bowl Rant.  I know the question gets asked a lot, but why the hell do we need an eight hour pre-game show?  What can you possibly fill the time in with?  And no, I'm not going to watch any of it.

While I'm at it - hey you gambling degenerates, if you bet on how long it takes some enterainment freak to sing the National Anthem, you fucking need help.  

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to write about the pros and cons of having a day off work after the Super Bowl.  

National Anthem.  Here we are again with a new "outrage".  Here's the deal - Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks of the NBA decided he didn't want the anthem played prior to their games.  Now, I could get all outraged and shit, but I'm not.  That is his business, he owns it.  Let the public decide rather than the outrage machine.  

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it, but it is what it is.  I can't change it.


Final Thought.  They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  OK, and I'm guilty because I am enjoying cooking (mostly on the grill) and watching as people enjoy my food that other's spent time creating and sharing on line.  I've spent the better part of a week prepping for today, and I just couldn't be happier.  One of the things that I didn't realize that I enjoy is cooking.  I'm no Chef, and I'm certainly not to the level of my friend Beeze who by all accounts is a FANTASTIC cook/chef with a strong creative streak in his cooking, but I enjoy it.  

Here's the deal:  Outside of family, cooking is the thing I love - it's the rose to all the shit and stench surrounding us all.  I'm living my best life when I'm doing this and I hope that others have just a little enjoyment and a minute away from the shit sandwich so many things have become.  

A man of leisure just cooking, volunteering, bowling, and yapping on this here blog thingy.  The only worry is whether or not everybody likes my food.  Life is good...

This is a damn good sentiment, so I'll close on it:  Take care of yourselves, and each other... 





Comments