SUCK IT

Caution - there are four letter words thrown on this here blog thingy.  You get offended?  Leave now!!!  This is just an exercise for me to healthily get my thoughts out.  

Hey look, Life is GREAT, baseball is on the tube in the background, I'm listening to music that I love - not that shit that other people say is good, but the stuff I like (Country, R&B, Old School, and Jazz).  So just got back from ten glorious days in Florida.  Orlando, Palm Beach, Key West, and other places.  Hey California, let me tell you something - food in Florida is the absolute BOMB!!!  You seriously can't touch it - particularly the seafood.  Yeah, I busted out with the Conch Fritters, Coconut Shrimp, all other kinds of Shrimp and so much more...and yeah, I'm going back, but this time I'm going to GA and South Carolina!!!  

Hey Beeze, Uncle B.O.B. just rolled up for a visit and snatched the keyboard, so it's about to get spicy.  

Politics.  So let me get this straight - I just paid $4.25 per gallon of gas ($2.85 in La Florida), prices are jumping all over, drugs and crime are rampant, there's exactly ZERO leadership anywhere, and so much more and yet you assholes are still playing the blame game?  When the fuck are we all going to wake up and say "PISS OFF" to both parties?  What in the hell are they doing for you?  The only thing they are doing is rushing to the nearest TV camera.  Look folks, you want change, get serious -- find a way to vote the career politicians out.  DEMAND TERM LIMITS for Congresspukes and take away the automatic retirement for them.  Why should they continue to get paid for doing nothing?

Do something.  I come back to the Peoples Republic of Calfornia and the stupidity continues.  I continue to hear the same non-sense I left when I turned the TV off ten days ago.  Stupid asses.  Shout out to all the a-holes doing the bitching:  Is the view good from the cheap seats?  What the hell are you doing to change things for the better.  Get your ass up and start doing SOMETHING, no ANYTHING to make things better.  You don't like my tone - fine - SUCK IT!!!

But here's the thing and I'm gonna be honest here, I had my turn in the fishbowl and the fact is that nobody cared what I had to say no matter how hard I worked or no matter what views I held.  Hey, that's OK - that's how bosses are.  I just want to impart some hard earned wisdom on you young bucks who think you know it all and yet you do the same shit rather than adjust for the new times.  

  • So here you go:  there was a quote attributed to an acquaintance of mine.  We weren't friends, we didn't even speak all that much, and really, I'm not even sure we even liked each other, but if he truly said this, he was absolutely right and props to him.  Here are the words (obviously paraphrased):  "I've found that if you truly want to make change for the better, you can't do it at the higher levels, you have to do it at the grassroots.  Make your difference there"  (or words to that effect).  Let the evolution come from the bottom up.  It'll take time for sure, but stick to your guns - ask the questions - hold leadership accountable.  

But getting back to the original point - DO SOMETHING - ANYTHING.  But if you decide to do it, understand that you'll only be able to change things for the better LOCALLY and that's all you should be trying to do.  Don't do it for the awards, don't do it for the notoriety, just do it to make life better for somebody.

And here's the thing - if people don't like what you are trying to do, the fact that you expend energy for them, then it's this simple - remember the lyrics from "Life goes on" by Little Texas.  Take that positive energy and use it somewhere that will appreciate your efforts.  

Sports Rants.  While I'm telling people to suck it, memo to you NBA:  SUCK IT!!!  For all you a-holes who held folks accountable in the bubble for busting out last year, what is the difference when LeBron does it a year later?  

  • Baseball?  I honest to God tried to watch the Cubs/Cards game last night, but the commercials were just too much.  You mean to tell me that you couldn't find filler in between innings?  You can't talk about what's going on in the rest of the league?  
  • ESPN?  Yeah, my favorite whipping post - you can suck it too.  Don't sit here with  EVERYTHING going on this weekend and cram women's softball down my esophagus.  I got no problem with it, but you mean to tell me that with MLB, the PGA, and the NBA playoffs you couldn't put something out there?  I'm not saying to not cover it, I'm just asking for you to have common sense.
    • Oh yeah ESPN, I noticed you came back to Hockey.  Hmmm...I guess that putting all your eggs in the NBA's basket didn't quite work, eh???
  • Speaking of people who can suck it - Aaron Rodgers, I'm looking at you.  In what has to be the ultimate irony, the guy who should (rightfully) have been embarrassed by Brett Favre's behavior is pulling the same shit on Jordan Love.  Dude, you have all kinds of options and you choose to be a diva and put your shit out on the street.  Sorry, but you can suck it too.
You want some good shit?  Phil Mickelson, all 50 years of him, won a major.  OK, I hear some pukes trying to pour water on this cool story, but let me ask them something:  Did Phil Mickelson shoot a -7 for the tournament?  I thought so.  Look, you can clown him if you want, but that dude shot a -7 with all kinds of wind conditions - so don't take a dump on him.  You want to do that, go blast the NBA or ESPN or that Diva up in Green Bay - who seemingly can't keep a hot celebrity for shit BTW.  Just sayin'...

Final Thought.  As this is dedicated in many ways to folks who can SUCK IT, let me give you my weekly take:  Eff the Lower Alabama Fakers, the Rotten Apple Stankees, and the Dallas Cowpatties.  Eff politicians, and well, eff TV.   

Here's a novel concept - live your life.  Do your 40 hours +, but make time to go out and unplug.  Go do what you do in your off time.  Forget about it and sing the song "God Bless Saturday" by Kid Rock.

Now that I've unloaded, I'm gonna go take a nap.  As for you all...there's an old saying from the 80's that you don't have to go home, but you gotta get out of here.  Peace.




Comments

That was a classic B.O.B. rant!

Sorry haven't been around or writing lately. Kind of needed to get away from some things for awhile. Just trying to catch up now.