Sports...sort of

Welcome back to the non-sense.  Before I start, I wanted to invite you all to check out a real good blogger who talks about the old school Navy days at Tales of an Asia Sailor.  It's a very good read about those who served in Seventh Fleet.  

Seventh Fleet, what a fun place to be.  Japan, Korea, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Guam were just a few places I got to go.  

MLB.  Yes, Baseball is back with actual Spring Training games this weekend.  I saw this meme on Facebook and I thought it was a good question, which is this:  "Which career long record is most unbreakable?"
  1. Cal Ripken consecutive game streak (2,632)?
  2. Nolan Ryan Strikeout total (5,714)?
  3. Rickey Henderson Base Steals (1,406)?
  4. Hank Aaron total bases (6,856)?
I'm a bit torn on this, but I'm gonna go with the base stealing.  It just doesn't seem like the game is even remotely focused on this, and that's a shame because in a sense that's the beauty of the game.  

NFL "Hot Stove."  Lots seems to be going on here, and while so much seems to be surrounding the QB's, and there's a lot of talk regarding Watson in Houston, but sort of under the radar, what is going on in Pittsburgh?  Sounds like Big Ben is going back on a reworked deal.  I don't want to rush this, but doesn't it seem like this should be his last in Steel City?  

And now there's rumors regarding teams calling Seattle about Russell Wilson?  I can't imagine Seattle is even remotely listening, just being polite when folks call.

Hey Dez Bryant, beggars can't be choosers.  Now you want to say you knew Baltimore wasn't the right fit?  Where exactly do you think you can go?  

I want Alex Smith to get AT LEAST one more year somewhere, but where?  When the QB carousel stops, he could be on the outside looking in, and that would truly suck.  Would he consider a return to San Francisco?  

Sports Online.  Oh yeah ESPiN, don't think I haven't noticed you sliding more and more content behind that paywall known as ESPN+ too.  And no, I don't pay for the athletic, or any other behind the paywall stuff.  Why would I pay extra for talking heads yapping and speculating?

How's that unity thing going?  The only way we as people are united is above.  

Outrage Machine.  Here's the thing - is anybody just flat out tired of outrage anymore?  I've heard some outrageous shit as of late (going after the Muppets for example), stuff that would normally piss me right the hell off, but more and more I have to ask the question "what's real anymore" or "what's the truth?"  

If I went to crazy town every time I heard some bullshit, I'd be in worse shape than I was a few years ago.  

I talk trash on here to be silly, but when we've gotten to the point where the Muppets are being censored or whatever it is, then I think you've got to take a step back and say "ENOUGH."  

You get what you allow, so perhaps it's time for all of us to take a step back and just ignore those on each side screaming about dumb shit.

Comments