Just some thoughts



I spend my days trying to have something to say.  Something new, something fresh and relevant, something worth remembering.  I try and I try and I find I can't.  If you've come here to see my take on politics - don't bother.  I'm not trying to hear the politics and horrid takes back and forth.

I'm working on trying to see and hear better things.  You want a symbol of our nation?  Well, here you go, courtesy of CBS Sunday Morning:



I'm not a fan of January - in fact I see no value in it.  It's always gray and overcast, with little or no rain here.  No color.  It seems this poem may be similar to my feelings.

A January Day
Nosheen Irfan

From dawn to dusk
I see a timid sun
and overbearing clouds
playing upon our dreams
the sun wants to give fire
to our extinguished hopes
but clouds are full of mischief
they overshadow the sun
and our dreams die of cold.

It means to me that while the year is new as are my dreams for it, January isn't quite it.  In the end, I keep busy with teaching myself to cook better, to write more, to try to improve myself.  

One thing I want to try to do is find good news, and today for my first one was a farm in Maine who was left with overwhelming product after all the restaurants were closed due to the pandemic.  Long story short, the neighbors stepped in and all of a sudden there was a market for that farms products, then it moved on to other places who had overstock.  Here is the full story.

NFL.  Props to Buffalo, Cleveland, Tampa, LA, Nawlins, and Baltimore for moving on.  Admittedly I was surprised by the Cleveland win, but was very surprised the fight Washington gave Tampa.  To those whose season ended:
  • Indy.  Strong defense, but they are going to have to address QB.  
  • Pittsburgh.  Suddenly the offense is in question/flux.
  • Washington.  A strong effort against Tampa and they are well ahead of schedule on their rebuild.  Clearly yet again is defining the QB position, RB depth, and O-Line.
  • Seattle.  A reboot of the running game, and some focus on the defense.
  • Chicago.  Another QB issue, but there's some kind of poise/maturity issue with the wide-outs.  Fellas, chill.  Getting thrown out of games has hurt you.
  • Tennessee.  They were a bit one-dimensonal, though their passing game is improving, but I think it might be time to work on the defense.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of these teams did something to get themselves into position to draft a QB, find a FA (Wentz), or make a trade for a QB (Watson?).

Anyway, as my friend Beeze says - "Have a week."


Comments