To hell with 2020, let's focus on the positive (oh, and some NFL too)

Christmas Week is here!!!  It just feels weird this year, but that's OK, I'm just ready to have some sort of normalcy.

Hopefully on Saturday we will be out placing wreaths on Veterans graves as part of the National Wreaths Across America project.  

So, what are some good games this week in the NFL?
  • Seattle @ Washington.  Seattle won, but Washington fought hard and if they had Alex Smith, I wonder if they could have pulled it out.  I was rooting for Haskins and statistically he had a good day, but he had a couple of INTs that hurt badly.  He needs more time to learn.
  • Chicago @ Minny.  Props to Chicago for the win, but it damn sure says a lot more about Minnesota than it does da Bears.  Minny ABSOLUTELY needs to focus on defense in the off-season and that will become evident on Christmas Night when New Orleans beats the ever-loving shit out of 'em.
  • New England @ Miami.  I originally picked Miami, and they didn't disappoint.  Two years straight they have beaten BB in Miami and they're still hanging around for a spot.
  • Kansas City @ New Orleans.  I'm really frustrated with Kansas City.  Nawlins didn't have WR's, and lost their best d-lineman to an ejection and still only won by a FG.  Something just doesn't seem right in KC and a lot of it is on defense.
  • Cleveland @ New York Midgets.  Cleveland won and Mayfield looked good, but why am I not impressed?  
Just a thought, but that freaking Tennessee is on a roll, aren't they?  Since Week 11, they haven't scored less than 30 points and their only loss in that stretch was to a red hot Cleveland team.  We'll find out more next week when they play at Green Bay next Sunday Night, but damn...

You know what I would like to see in the playoffs?  Miami and Cleveland in a game against each other.  

So on to Christmas.  Saturday is the final veterans event of 2020, but then it's time to begin planning for 2021.  I was saddened to see that events scheduled for March 2021 have already been cancelled.  Boy I sure am hoping that this thing gets under control.  More about that down next:  

Videos.  Maybe I am softening, perhaps I am dreaming, but one thing that I have is a bit of wanderlust, and while conditions at this moment don't allow for that, I intend on taking full advantage 

When I was young growing up in South Florida, I had always dreamed of visiting Minnesota - don't ask me why, I just did.  When my son played college ball, I got to go.  I saw Southwest Minnesota, drove through Mankato, and finally the Twin Cities - taking in a Twins game, checking out the Mall of America, and just walking around and feeling the different vibe..  There is something that I really like about that place, but I also have to be honest to myself that I could never take a winter there - just a few days in November confirmed that.  With that being said, CBS Sunday Morning Nature minute showed this:



I suppose that in a perfect world, I would live in the upper Midwest part of the year and in the Southwest in the other part of the year.  

Another place that I love is the Pacific Northwest.  Despite my disappointment with Portland, I love Seattle and the Islands.  It's nature I absolutely love and I intend to visit as much as logistically I can.


In the end, we have to settle for videos and music.  And why not wish Merry Christmas with help.  


Hopefully, I will get the ability to come in and write what I feel without feeling held back in 2021.  I want to write about more than sports and politics.  I want to write what I feel rather than feeling less than a man for doing it.  I want to write about travel and food and perhaps even sea stories of my time overseas.  I used to feel silly writing about those things, but I think this world can and should have more of it.  Less serious, more sublime.  

I don't want to be angry and hateful, I want to explore and see the beauty and positive rather than focus on the negative.  Yes, I'll slip up on occasion, but I want to do it.




Comments