Good Sunday to you all. 


So CBS Sunday Morning went to a place that I love, the Black Hills of South Dakota - a place that I can't wait to get back to.  Yes, there’s Mount Rushmore and Sturgis, but it’s about so much more.  There’s the ongoing construction of Crazy Horse, Keystone, Custer, and so much more.  The natural beauty while driving through there is amazing.  If you haven’t been and you get a chance, do it, you'll thank me later.

Food.  I didn’t know this, but Jon Bon Jovi has three restaurants to help feed the hungry and that is really cool – they don’t charge for food, but they do take donations or volunteering.  Yesterday I spoke of wanting to make a difference and maybe this is but one way to help folks.  I read a stat about one in every four Iraq or Afghanistan veterans are affected by what is now termed “food insecurity.”  Just as bad, one in three college students face “food insecurity.”  That is so troubling – and colleges should be absolutely ashamed about the fact that kids have to choose between tuition and feeding themselves.  Knock off the bullshit colleges and stop gouging kids for that piece of paper that in reality means absolutely nothing. 

I’m drifting a bit, but this bothers me.  Just recently I noticed the incredible increase in prices of food.  I am a lucky one, I can afford it to a point, but this is becoming ridiculous and it may create problems in the future.

I don’t want to re-create the wheel, I just feel that more can be done, especially now since the virus wiped out shelved in the food banks. 



Reflection.  I've thought about this quote a lot over the past two years, and the mistakes I've made professionally.  I believe that some things weren't handled right.  I believe that I could have handled things better.  

But as they say time heals.  I'm in no position to remain angry, but it's now behind me and I'm in a better place with people who appreciate my abilities and work around what I cannot do.  


Veterans Stuff.  Today I got the news that my Post Commander was rewarded for his hard work in making our Post better.  We have a good team, but he does so much and leads by example.  Great job Commander!!!


CFB.  Boy, was I wrong.  Some excitement yesterday:

  • Clemson destroyed Miami and that big moment I predicted never came.
  • North Carolina and Virginia Tech certainly delivered.
  • Texas and Oklahoma was amazing.
  • Florida State surprisingly hung around with the Domers which was a surprise.
  • Ole Miss gave Alabama a huge game for awhile.
  • Missouri punked LSU
  • Texas A&M rose up on Florida.

This would be the year the SEC is so weird and beatable.  I’m curious if a Big Ten team could rise up and get the SEC.  But as weird as this season has been, how wild would it be if BYU rolls up a one-loss season and somehow gets mentioned as a potential playoff team?

NFL.  Well, what a mixed bag.  Most of the matchups prior to the start of play were not even remotely interesting. 

  • If I was asked to predict a team to start 0-5, Atlanta would not have been the team to come to mind, yet here we are. 
  • The New York Props however would have been high on my list to predict 0-5.  Yep, they are there.
  • The New York Midgets are 0-5 as well, but I give them praise as they fought hard in most of the games.
  • Baltimore hung a foot in Cincinnati’s ass, so there’s still work to do in the city that celebrates chili on spaghetti.
  • Well, Kansas City finally got bit in the ass with their lackadaisical mentality and Vegas came in and ripped them.  If I’m Andy Reid, I’m reading the Chiefs the riot act.  Vegas may be improved, but they aren’t THAT improved. 
  • Philly actually gave Pittsburgh a game until the very end.  They are the one team in the NFC Least that at least shows heart, though I do want to credit the New York Midgets for their heart. 
  • Lookie here, Houston wins a game – albeit against Jacksonville.  Sounded like a different team.
  • I’ve been saying Miami is improved, but what they did to San Francisco?  Can’t really make anything out of that because of injuries and stuff to Frisco, right?
  • Speaking of which, what the hell is going on in Frisco?  
  • Absolute respect to Alex Smith.  You all know the story, the fact that he came back and played another down of Football would have been good enough, but this guy hung in there getting pummeled by the Rams D-Line. 
  • Dallas gave up 34 points to the freaking New York Giants, who I heard all week had a shitty offense?   Meanwhile Dak Prescott goes out with a horrific injury, while Andy Dalton rallied the troops.  As shitty as they have been and they are in first place in the NFC Least.
  • So Ian Rappaport at the NFL Network got suspended for talking about Manscaped?  A product for male grooming?  And he had to clear it through the NFL Network?  For saying on Twitter “The perfect tools for your family jewels?”  Holy shit, I can just imagine half the shit I put on twitter getting me into trouble, and we won’t even get into Beeze who has a permanent residence in Twitter jail. 

Final Thought.  Speaking of the Beeze, in his immortal words, ahem, “have a week.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments