Weekend sports and a mini-rant


We’re coming off a lot of sports this weekend, and that’s pretty cool, but let's chill on expectations.  Sports is not the great savior, it's just a game.

NFL.    I stayed focused on shit on the field, so if you’re looking to see if I’m gonna comment on the social shit, don’t bother looking.

Cleveland and Detroit?  Same ole same ole.   But Washington and Jacksonville, the two franchises who I pegged for being the absolute worst, pulled out some big wins over Philly and Indy respectively.  I realize its only one game and both were fired up from all the negativity they got, but both seemed impressive.  I’ll keep it in perspective, but those two winning wasn’t on my radar for upsets.

From what I can gather, Miami kept it fairly close against BB and the Pats.   Miami to me seems to be doing the right things for now, so let’s see how stuff goes.

Hey Minny, I know you lost a lot on defense, but giving up 43?  C’mon man.  I was interested to see that even without Stefon Diggs the offense scored 34, and that is an upgrade. 

Arizona going into the smoke and punking the 49ers was interesting.  The bread and butter of the 49ers was the run game, but their leading rusher only had 56 yards on 15 carries. 

The Sunday Night game, what little there was when commericals weren’t running was boring to me.  Dallas and the Rams defenses were strong.  The Rams to me seem to be trying to establish the run at the expense of that passing game and it’s slowing down that offense.  Yes, I agree about the run, but not to an extent where you reduce the talent of that pass game.

That being said, the game was interesting and Dallas hasn’t changed, though that 4th down deep in Ram territory took some cajones. 

So now we come to Monday Night and two games that couldn’t be more different.  Pittsburgh and the Rotten Apple Giants?  Nah…, but the Tennessee/Denver game may very well be interesting.  I’m gonna be curious to see how Tannehill performs on Denvers defense, and how Denvers QB does.  But you KNOW that ole #22 from Tennessee is going to be the difference.

     

MLB.  So this year, the standings hardly matter.  There’s eight teams from each league and if it ended today, there are some pretty cool matchups:

AL:  Tampa/Stankees, Oakland/Cleveland, Chisox/Houston, Minny/Toronto

NL:  Dodgers/Miami, Atlanta/SF, Chicago/St. Louis, San Diego/Philly. 

There’s some good stories there, and I like the Tampa/Stankee matchup in the first round.  I also like some old fashioned hate with the Cubs and Cards. 

NBA.  The Denver Nuggets didn’t get the memo that it was supposed to be an all-LA final and have tied their series with the other LA super team 3-3 headed for a Game Seven.  Props to them.

Hey Houston, don’t feel bad that was expected – you had no size to contend with the Fakers.  The question is do you really want to blow it up?  And Russ Westbrook, how soft do you have to be to allow numerous people off the floor to get in your head?  Jesus dude, you’ve got the life, who the hell cares what mouthy douchebags think?  

NHL.  Tampa being up on the Isles 3-1 isn’t necessarily a surprise, but DALLAS?  3-1 over Vega$?  Wow!!!  My man Beeze is probably excited about the Stanley Cup.

 

Final Thought.  Sports are a welcome diversion from the current events of the day, that much is true, but let’s keep it all in perspective – it is a game.   It isn’t life and death, it isn’t social commentary.  Everybody has a voice and it should be heard (and listened to).  But I just want to ask this?  What about my voice?  What about my friend Beeze’s?  Are our voices any less important than those in sports who throw a ball, make a shot, save the game?  Or for that matter say, Jerry Springer, or those idiotic talking heads on the news shows?  I'm not saying they shouldn't use their platform, but be careful.  People are willing to listen, but they won't tolerate the "in your face" stuff.

Michael Moore may have said it best:  “Everyone must stop saying they are ‘stunned’ and ‘shocked.’ (referring to Trump’s win in 2016)  What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair.  Years of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew.  Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “you’re fired!”  Trump’s victory is no surprise, he was never a joke, treating him as one only strengthened him. 

Everybody is being ignored, unless you are an elite – the old disputed quote attributed to Marie Antoinette “Let them eat cake.”  Look at the inner cities.  Look at Appalachia.  Look at small town America.  Look at the rust belt, and look at wherever depends on coal.  Look at education, drug abuse, domestic violence, homelessness, police behavior, mental health, veterans issues, and so forth and so on.  And yet, leadership and their puppet masters just ignore it.  Doesn't history tell us that when that type of shit happens, eventually the leadership falls.  Rome, France...

Look, it’s easy to blame Trump, and it’s understandable in some cases.  But Trump has only been there three years plus – what is the excuse of those who have been there nearly a half-century BOTH PARTIES?  Where people aren’t listening is here:  THIS SHIT HAS GONE ON SINCE THE 1960’s.  Outside of technology, how is anything different than from 1968?

So people, let me say this – if you think that 2016 was the need for revenge against the system?  What do you think is going to happen now – in 2020?  2016 was a warning to the elite the people were tired of the same old shit.  Over the past four years, rather than understand and LISTEN to it, the politicians went into their shell and didn’t do shit – preferring to force the same status quo.  So, are you going to reward them?  Are you going to reward Pelosi, McCarthy, McConnell, and Schumer?  Are you really going to allow those four shitheads (three of which are from California and New York)?


Comments

As much as we try, and you know between, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and my blog, I put my voice out there as much as I can...And that's just digitally...That's not even getting into what I do offline...But as I did in a post of mine back in June, titled "The Hypocrisy of Comedians" the blue check marks of this world don't want to hear our voices and many don't think our voices matter...But you know me, I'll keep yelling!
B.O.B. said…
It's frustrating Tim. I'm lucky, I have a good life and I try not to take that for granted. When I scream about this shit, it's because I want everybody to have the same as I do, so long as they earn it.

Our voices may not matter now, but if this kind of shit continues, the elite will be dealing with much more than voices. Rome, Russia, and France come to mind.