Unbelievable Politicians, Comedy, and Saturdays in the Park


If y’all didn’t realize it yet this would have been the weekend where we began to be excited for the start of football, college football for sure.  BUT…there are positives.  Actual baseball being played, the NBA playoffs are going, as well as hockey.   I encourage you to check it out – at the very least it will take your mind off the crap.

MLB.  I’ve proposed this before with College Football, but perhaps the pros need to take a look a relegation.  I’m sitting here looking at Pittsburgh with a horrific record of 4-16 or in the past Miami and Baltimore.  Maybe it’s time to start looking at sustained bad play and come up with a formula to start sending teams down to the minors and bringing up AAA teams to play.  Bring up Memphis or some other strong AAA team and relgate Pittsburgh. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/513211-mcsally-tells-supporters-to-fast-a-meal-and-donate-to-her-campaign

YGBSM.  A sitting United States Senator (Arizona Senator Martha McSally) allegedly said this:  “We’re doing our part to catch up, you know, to get our message out.  But it takes resources.  So, Anybody can give, I’m not ashamed to ask, to invest.  If you can give a dollar, five dollars, if you can fast a meal and give what that would be.”   Her campaign later said it was a "joke".  Of course.  How tone deaf and stupid do you have to be to say this?  You don’t say shit like this, particularly in a horrible time for everybody. 

This only makes my hatred of politicians that much worse.  I don’t care what her politics are, she just handed her race to her opponent, and I am openly rooting for CAPT Mark Kelly to win that seat.   For a veteran (a retired Colonel) to come out and say this?  It’s offensive to me as a veteran, and as a human being.  I call on the Republiturds to come out and denounce this garbage.  In fact, if I was the Republiturds, I would condemn it immediately and cut off ALL party funding to her.  There are times where decency is more important than one seat in the Senate.  DO THE RIGHT THING REPUBLITURDS!!!

If I were to donate, it certainly wouldn’t be to a freaking politician who already makes hell of money as a retired Colonel and a Senator – who has done absolutely nothing for this nation!!!  I would donate to veterans causes, food banks, homeless shelters.   

Cooking.  I came across a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper, Mozzarella, and Basil-Stuffed Chicken.  Sounds really good and I look forward to a day where I can get behind the grill and do it.

Ralphie May.  I’ve been on a comedy binge lately.  Good Lord, was Ralphie May funny.  Now in these super-charged times, too many would take the opportunity to be offended.  I know it wasn’t long ago when he was out there, but he could go with some jokes and everybody laughed – now I wonder if anybody would laugh.  I definitely miss him, and would love to know how he would handle this non-sense.

Saturdays.  Trying to get things back to normal, I’m reminded of a song and a time when and where things were happy.  A Saturday in the Park, by Chicago:

Saturday in the park,

I think it was the Fourth of July

Saturday in the park,

I think it was the Fourth of July

 

People dancing, people laughing

A man selling ice cream

Singing Italian songs

Everybody is another

Can you dig it (yes, I can)

And I've been waiting such a long time

For Saturday

 

Another day in the park

I think it was the Fourth of July

Another day in the park

I think it was the Fourth of July

People talking, really smiling

A man playing guitar

And singing for us all

Will you help him change the world

Can you dig it (yes, I can)

And I've been waiting such a long time

For today

 

Slow motion riders fly the colors of the day

A bronze man still can tell stories his own way

Listen children all is not lost, all is not lost, oh no, no

 

Funny days in the park

Every day's the Fourth of July

Funny days in the park

Every day's the Fourth of July

 

People reaching, people touching

A real celebration

Waiting for us all

If we want it, really want it

Can you dig it (yes, I can)

And I've been waiting such a long time

For the day, yeah yeah

Final Thought.  So when we get back to normal, take that Saturday and get out.  Enjoy it, and don’t kill each other.  In fact, take care of each other – show these a-holes in DC/NYC/LA (and the Karens out there) that they can’t divide us.



Comments