Just some silly, fun stuff today

 

Welcome to the new week.  I hope everybody is doing well, unfortunately the fire and smoke remain.  Yes, I am going to talk about those cops in Wisconsin but I need time to process it and get and understand this further, so tomorrow.  For today let’s find some good, silly, or funny stuff:

Margaritaville.  As a kid, I wasn’t really a fan of Jimmy Buffett, but as I’ve grown I just love the positivity and the good time vibes he represents.  Where the water is calm, the drinks are cold, and the weather is warm.  He tells a good story and its fun.  Maybe it’s time for everybody to relax. 

73 years old and advocating for the slow good life.  Keep going my man.  Keep going.

As an aside, around 10 years ago, I found a place in the Florida Keys that fit the bill and boy was it enjoyable.  Coconut Shrimp, flank steak with Chimichurri sauce, and awesome drinks.  To this day we talk about it and want to go back and I hope we can.  

Snoop and Martha.  Snoop Dogg is reaching out to his friend Martha Stewart because he needs tips on how to grow weed.  It was because his friend caught the ‘rona and he was left to fend for himself when he ran out.  Start at 13:20. 

To sit and watch this weird pairing is just plain fun.

Inside the NBA.  I’m no longer a true fan of the NBA, but oh my god I love me some Chucksta.  Sir Charles running his piehole is always fun and damn near must see.  This basketball beer bounce challenge is awesome. 


This is one of the funniest shows on TV.  Barkley yapping and he can’t even catch the beer.  How awesome.

Good news.  It is being reported that the Rotten Apple will go through with their annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade AND the Rockefeller Center tree lighting ceremony.  They might be scaled back, but hell, I’ll take any normalcy I can get.  Thank you, I know by then I am going to need it.

Now, if the Rotten Apple would please honor 9/11 Twin Tower lights…but that's another story, perhaps tomorrow...

Looking for something to do?  There is something from past Summers that appears to be making a comeback, albeit temporarily(?).  We spend a lot of time bashing WAL-MART, sometimes deserved.  But this is some outside the box thinking.  160 of their stores will be hosting drive-in movies in their parking lots until the end of October.  I’m not a movie guy by any stretch, but doesn’t that seem to be fun?  Better than sitting around the house all bitter.

Final Thought.  We are now just 29 days away from the beginning of Autumn and it can’t come soon enough.  Yes, I love Summer, but I need the smoke and the fires to go away. 

 



Comments