On a Sunday in August...

 


Here we are on Sunday, another weekend almost done.  Damn, time is going by way too fast.  Hope you all are enjoying a beautiful Sunday Morning.  Here its a quiet, lazy Sunday other than some honey-dos, some writing, and some cooking.

Cooking/BBQ.  Yesterday I made a bunch of marinated tri-tip and some bbq chicken and then Mama B.O.B. decreed that I will cook some Filet Mignon as well.  But I’m also trying my hand in Limoncello.  I got the lemon peel into the vodka and now it sits for four days until I put the rest in.  I didn’t waste my lemons either, making regular Lemonade with that.

Weather.  Speaking of thankful, man thanks to Mother Nature for giving us a brief respite from the 100 degree heat.  And yes, I know my daughter in the Palm Springs area is laughing at me for complaining about 100 when its damn near 120 there – just as I’m getting ready to go back down there.  Shit.

NBA.  So I wanted to rant this week on Sacramento Kings fans.  Folks, I love you – I really do, but dammit you are the ones who need to start holding the freaking organization accountable.  Look, we all know that there have been changes in players, coaches, GM, medical, now media, and even ownership yet the constant over 28 of the past 35 seasons has been losing basketball.  That and unbelievable fan support and blind loyalty and quite frankly it wasn’t reciprocated – it was taken for granted.  These fans have been the most loyal group of fans that I have ever seen in any sport bar none – and no – don’t try to sell me on the Sea-chicken fans, Yankee/Sawx fans in Baseball, or even the biggest Hockey Honks.  We have put up with chicken shit for this long.  It’s time that the organization rewards the long-suffering fans. 

And yeah, those fans who are bashing the Owner and GM and reminding them that they didn’t draft/passed on Luka Doncic are right. Please continue to send those videos of Doncic going off on the league to the GM and Owner.  

Finally, these players SHOULD be criticized for the poor play.  I’m looking at this from the perspective of how other teams and players are performing overall.  I don’t relish the idea of criticizing, but I do have to wonder if the players really give a shit?

Now to be fair - Does the organization do good in the community?  Yes, and I absolutely love them for it.  Not only that, they are out there sending messages wanting change, but there is this one part where this saying kicks in “If a tree falls in the forest, does anybody hear it?”    

MLB.  Fernando Tatis, have yourself a year.  6 HR, 15 RBI, and four stolen bases with a .316 BA.  Same with Mike Yaz in Frisco yes, I said Frisco and not “the City” or “San Francisco” – you have lost your respect privilege until you clean it up there you dirty freaks.  It’s like the analogy in Bull Durham:  “Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy and you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back on your shower shoes and the press will think you're colorful.”

Translated:  It isn’t “colorful” to take dumps and leave needles on the streets, or crapping in the chip aisle of Safeway.  That ain’t “colorful”, it’s “Nasty.”

NFL.  Strangely, it’s quiet here and that may be a good thing.  With it being quiet, and hoping that COVID allows, I looked at the Thanksgiving slate of games, and I say “meh.”  The one game to look forward to being, Baltimore @ Pittsburgh. 

One thing I am going to be VERY curious about the next couple of years is the rebuild going on down in Miami.  It seems to me that they have the right people in charge and the talent to start to move forward in a few years. 



CFB.  As a fan of Navy Football, I was disappointed to hear of the loss of the Notre Dame/Navy game.  One reason was because finally, Navy got Notre Dame on their home turf in Annapolis after changing the game from Dublin.  Was Navy going to win?  Probably not, but damn if it wouldn’t have been the one time that Annapolis could have had such a huge home game.

Bowling.  I love to bowl, which we in California haven’t done in a very long time and it’s not looking good for the opening week of fall leagues.  However, I have very enterprising friends.  One built a bowling lane in his side yard.  Others have driven the two-plus hours to Carson City, Nevada to bowl.  They are strict, wear masks everywhere in the alley except when you are actually on the approach to bowl, but it's bowling.  Gonna see if I can talk Mrs. B.O.B. into a drive...


One last thought.  Today being Sunday, I go back to an old standby, the CBS Sunday Morning Nature Segment.  It is said that this was from Canada.  I had the good fortune of seeing these beautiful creatures at the Vancouver Aquarium.  Beautiful animals.  So let's leave it on a positive note.  

 

Comments