God Bless Saturday

Hey look, I know how serious shit is out there these days.  But for today, I just want to kick back and enjoy things. 

Saturdays.  Is there a better day of the week than this?  Hell no.  So how do we all celebrate Saturday?  Yeah granted some work, some have “the duty,” and still others have the one day of the week to fix the house and do yard work, and God knows what else. Kid Rock probably explains it best…



Me, so glad you asked.  BBQ all day long, under the Purple Sky with my non-alcoholic drinks, music, and family.  Let’s get to it, but first let’s bang this blog out.

What else? 



Tour de France.  I was very excited to see it come back, and with it going early in the morning, I don’t have to clog up my day watching it. 

MLB.  I’m not a honk for MLB, I think they can stand on their own, but darn if they aren’t having quite the season – albeit shortened.  Chicago (AL), San Diego, Tampa, and others are quite the surprise thus far, and it’s too bad that they aren’t receiving recognition.

Shame on me for not mentioning it, but the other day one of the Chicago White Sox threw a no-hitter – and you NEVER heard about it.  Lucas Giolito threw it on Pittsburgh.  No folks, it doesn’t make it any less impressive if he threw it against AAAA Pittsburgh or the 1927 Yankees. 

Now that I mention it, the red hot Chi Sox are now in a three way tie for the AL Central.  There had been some talk about the Pale Hose really putting things together, and it sure seems as though.  Minny might be a bit of a disappointment, they should be way ahead in this division, but they have struggled with KC and lately Cleveland and that ain’t helping.

NBA.  So I see the players are back.  OK, that’s good – for the gambling degenerates and those who worship at the altar of NBA playoff games.  At this point, while I believe that quietly they do things within their community, I want to see them lead the charge from the front in terms of the social justice debate. 

NFL.  For the first time in 50 years, I’m not sure what to expect in a football season.  Yes, it will be welcomed back – IF they actually get back on the field.  I know I have questions about the Vikings – certainly how they will perform without Stefon Diggs and a retooled defense, and the always inconsistent Kirk Cousins. 

It seems that the only sure-fire thing is the Chiefs, 49ers, and Ravens as the top three teams, but really, how sure are we that San Francisco is as good as the hype laying on them?  No experienced WRs is going to hurt, and my guess is that extra focus will now be had on George Kittle. 

Maybe I’m getting soft, but… I just saw this video and while it isn’t “hard journalism”, it just seems to me that there is a story to tell here – about the good in man, the spirituality and relationship between man and animal, hell, I don’t know.  I just thought it was a cool story:


OK, enough of my drivel, get your ass out there and enjoy your Saturday.



Comments