Fridays, Hell, Politicians, and more about Summer

Welp, It’s Friday.  Ain’t got no job, and don’t have shit to do except to write some drivel.  So let’s get to it.  So as Smokey said in the movie, “The weed be lettin’ ya know…evil lurks.”  So what evil is out there?


Evil #1 – The Cuyahoga.  Damn man, that river caught fire again?  14 times it went on fire?   Well according to Barstool a fuel tanker crashed on a highway and the ensuing fire leaked into the river via storm drains.  Look, bashing Cleveland isn’t sport anymore – but if you were in Hell, the chances are the Cuyahoga River is going to be right there for you to swim in.  

Evil #2 – MTV Awards.  Good Lord, who are you kidding with this?  First off, MTV stopped playing music around, oh, I don’t know, 1990?  Talk about Hell, while you're swimming in the Cuyahoga, you can listen to this shit.  MTV may have been the worst thing for music - perhaps ever, even worse than Lawrence Welk.


Jerry Falwell, Jr.  Not sure this is evil, but it sure is stupid.  Like Barstool says, this ain’t none of my business, but this dude is an ALLEGED hot mess, and his wife?  Well, like I said, it ain’t my business but this issue makes that university look pretty bad.  But then again, uh, never mind...


Anthony Rizzo on Politicians.  This is my new best friend.  In speaking to reporters, the Cubbies player said in one paragraph what I’ve been trying to say for awhile now:  “I’ve gone through a lot with my high school and shit doesn’t change…Politicians don’t really give a (expletive – not sure which one) about us.  All they care about is their own agenda and it’s just the way it is and it’s upsetting.”  Bravo Rizz…

NFL.  It's the time we start thinking about football, and as I write this, I see the two new NFL Stadiums in Lower Alabama and Vega$.  They look like palaces.  

Kind of unsure how things are going to go down, but I thought there was going to be two scrimmages rather than four pre-season games.  

BBQ.  I’m so freaking excited because the smoke and the heat have gone down enough so that I can get behind my new Traeger and cook.  I’ll be making Ribs and Brisket Burnt Ends.  I’m also gonna try to make some homemade Garlic Naan.  Hope to remember to take pics and share tomorrow.


Summer.  One week from now, we hit Labor Day Weekend, and in this most unusual of years, we think back to years past which were regular.  As I thought about it, I came across this poem.  I could not find the author, but it just seemed so right.

 Summer is messy,

Summer is fun,

Summer is spending

All day in the sun.

 

Summer is campfires,

Smores, and late nights,

Summer is windy days

Spent flying kites.

 

Summer is tan lines and

Splashing in lakes,

Summer is mornings

With Chocolate Pancakes.

 

Summer is time spent

With family and friends,

Summer is hoping

That it never ends.

Why am I thinking of this?  Well, I’ve been in a bit of a reflective mood lately, and spending so much time with my grandkids, if there was something I want to leave them it would be to have a Summer like we did when we were kids.  Heat, sports, camping, the beach, the fun, the family, the friends. 

We were very lucky as we got to experience the outdoors in July - mountains, ocean, BBQ, swimming and so much more, but I really hope that others get to as well.

This Summer we all missed out on so much with COVID, Fires, and other stuff.  I don't want them to miss out on it.  


Comments

While I get people saying the Falwell's personal life and freaky-kinky shit is their business, they made their actual business about preaching what others shouldn't do in their own personal lives....Therefore I feel no sympathy for them and any of the crap they are catching...They can go to hell...Not for being cuckholding freaks...For years of attacking the LGTBQ community!
B.O.B. said…
For years, I have had a problem with "televangelists" who mock (I can't find the right word, thought its on the tip of my virtual tongue) the very religion they pretend to care about. Like you, I could give a shit less about their proclivities, but yeah - to bash others for their preferences, while they're out doing their thing? Not cool.

One of my things is this: Mind your own damn business. How people donate to these freaks just amazes me.