A bit more thoughtful

 

Well, we’re back to Monday.  So what’s on the agenda today?  Well, we are 43 days away from Autumn, so that's a positive.  So when you start to moan about Monday, think about that.


Aerial America.  There is this TV show on the Smithsonian Channel known as “Aerial America” where they view each state and some National Parks through the lens of a camera in the air.  I absolutely love this show and it gives me so many ideas of where I want to go if we ever clear this COVID hurdle.  Mrs. B.O.B. and I have longed to go to New England and shows like this are amazing and only feed our desire more.  Yesterday, I watched one on Maine, which in a sense reminds me of coastal Northern California. 

What an apt description.  

I kind of want to say this and it’s a bit unusual for me, but there is just so much natural beauty in this country.  In a time of hate and division, I wish we would all come together to seriously enjoy what this country has to offer. 

A poem.  All this about Maine and the sea, and I decided to spend the morning researching.  I don’t normally go this route either, but as I read this poem, it sure seems appropriate to life today:

The Beachcomber’s Secret Meaning of Life on the Maine Coast

By Michael McClintock

 

Most of the time,

No one cares what you think or do.

You are not the center of things:

The ego-centric view is illusion,

A trick of your own two eyes connected

By stalks to a small mass of gray matter

That is mostly hot, electrified substance.

In fact, pure imagination.

 

Get over it.

Your design is good --- poised, resilient.

Learn to use it to fullest advantage.

You can imagine wherever you are

To be whatever you wish it to be

And that is okay---unless you believe

What you conceive is actually there

At the center---Eliot’s small, still point

That hardened over time into despair

Of rational sense and human purpose

 

Look at us now.

We’re free of those literary gizmos.

In our unmasked, happier ignorance,

We choose what we love most

And paste together the version of the world

We take to bed, which means we’ve returned

To the starting place---

 

That breezy strand of beach somewhere

On a hydrogen sea, where molecules

Threw a necklace, which then stuck to the sand

And soon sprouted legs, arms, lips and a brain,

Intending only to have a nice day.

I hope that Michael was OK with my sharing.

Well, that's it for today.  Enjoy your Monday.

 

 

 

Comments

Opening pic...Cape Elizabeth, Maine....I love it there! Love that lighthouse!