Christmas Eve 2018

I always marvel at December 24th.  The NORAD Santa Tracker is on and our final preps are about to begin.

I don't care what mood I am in, I always go back to the traditions of the past - at least in my mind, the sights, the sounds (music), the taste, and so much more.  But as we draw closer to the big day, to me privately it's always about music and I thought I'd share a few of my more favorite songs, songs that make me feel the season, but the first one is just a shot across the bow to the PC crowd as my rebellious streak takes me here. 



The absolute stupidity of trying to ban music is troubling to me.  What's next?  Just how close are we to book and music burning? 

This next one is something I grew into, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Carol of the Bells:



Years ago, I got turned on to Mannheim Steamroller during the holiday and it was something that I found refreshingly different.  How bout a little Deck the Halls:


Finally, this is my go to song as we get into the evening.  There is just something about this version of "Silent Night" that just stirs me. 




Have yourself a Merry Christmas, and let's hope for a better 2019 - and perhaps even a return to some good old fashioned common sense.  In the end, I always like to close it out with a little bit of one of my favorite performers, Luther Vandross:




When the last carol is sung, and the last of the celebrations have ended - I have but one wish - to put aside the absolute hatred and come together.  Peace on Earth, good will towards all.  It sure seems simple enough, yet so elusive.  

Comments