Memorial Day and some sports takes

I talked a little trash the other day, so let me get serious for a minute before I get back to trash talking...

Memorial Day is almost here and if ever there was a time for a divided nation to come together, this is it.  In General Order 11 of May 5th, 1868 - May 30th was a time for all to come together to pay respects for those who died in defense of their country.  

Let's all come together, even if only for a weekend.  Go out and do your thing - but in the end, let's take that one day and pay our respects.  

I wish there was a way that I could wax eloquent about Memorial Day and what it means to me.  I can't and if I tried, I wouldn't do justice to those who were lost, so really the best I can do is work this weekend and on Memorial Day to support the veterans organizations and attend remembrances.

In the meantime, I guess I have to find something else to talk about...

MLB.  Today I took my first look at the standings and it's pretty typical of any year, though the Pale Hose are leading the AL Central and that's a bit of a surprise, but it also sounds like there may be some trouble in paradise there.  It seems like there's some sniping going on with Tony LaRussa.  Not sure I understand it all, but hopefully it doesn't ruin their season.

NBA.  You all know that I'm a Laker Hater, but that shit that Anthony Davis pulled kicking Crowder in the package?  C'mon man...and to the NBA - you won't but you should have been lobbing Frank Vogel a call about that shit.  While  I'm at it - hey refs, if a dude blasts another dude in the nad, you need to toss that sumbitch.  Let's get some control back before this becomes "a thing."  

NHL.  I was especially surprised when I saw the Florida Panthers make the playoffs and even give Tampa a fight in their series.  And don't tell me that ain't a rivalry because I sat in a sports bar in South Florida and watch fans go nuts with each and every play in the game.  I thought I was in an arena for a minute.  God bless them.  

NFL.  Just so I'm clear, Julio Jones was running around with Cowboys gear, which got that loser Skip Bayless all hot and bothered, so Shannon Sharpe calls Julio live on TV and asks about it and the response was "I want to go to a winner?"  You want to go to a winner and you're rocking the Blue Star?  Uh, Julio, put the pipe down and back away slowly.  You do know that Atlanta has been better during your career than Dallas has right?  

And before I forget, your blast about "I'm outta here" may have been epic in many peoples minds, but you just screwed yourself because now Atlanta can't get proper value for you - so your act may have just backfired.  Congrats dude.

Douche of the Week.  Sitting here wondering who I can blast off on, but yeah, I gotta go with the Real Divas of Golf.  Phil Mickelson wins the week - not because he won the PGA, but because two little bitches decided to continue their feud on Twitter and Lefty chimed in with an epic blast about being the current PGA Champ.  Gotta love when a 50 year old talks shit to calm the two little divas down, especially when it's "scoreboard."  Hey bitches, it's Golf, not Real Housewives, get over yourselves.  Don't even let the Kar-trash-ians make inroads onto the links...

Final Thought.  Whatever you are planning/doing this weekend, go out and make it a damn good (albeit safe) one, but I ask only two things, take a minute to remember, and secondly PLEASE don't  say Happy Memorial Day - it's a somber occasion where we reflect on those who were lost.  PLEASE don't say Thank You.

Peace.  

Comments