Winter

Post Holidays Winter to me is a dark period.  However, if presented the right way, it can be a different type of beauty that I most likely will never know.  I can't handle Cold Weather - it's hard enough in Northern California, but damn I couldn't even begin to imagine it in Minnesota.  Anyway, here is a view that isn't seen by too many people, thanks to CBS Sunday Morning:


I like Minnesota, and as I've said so many times before, I seriously don't know why.  When I visited, there seemed to be something different.  I can't explain it, but I know it.  If you get a chance, go and visit.

Super Bowl 55.  OK, I said I don't have a dog in the fight, and I don't, but the Tom Brady slobber-fest is in full physo-effect and it's pretty bad.  Don't get me wrong, Tom Brady seems like a good dude whose living the life, but could the media tone it down just a little bit?  Just seems like to me that the love is going to be for Pat Mahomes and Kansas City. 

Look, I know we had this very same game a few months ago in the same stadium, but hey, let's just enjoy it.  I know one thing, if Tampa WR's keep dropping passes like they did in Green Bay, this won't even be close.  

As for Kansas City, injuries at the O-Line doesn't make this a slam dunk win and the defense is going to need to really show up.  

Baseball Hall of Fame.  Barstool today talked about how baseball fans should decide which baseball writers make the decision as to who gets into the Hall of Fame.  Later in the day, nobody was elected to the HOF, with reportedly 14 voters submitting "blank" ballots.  IF TRUE, that's not funny and those 14 voters should be stripped of the PRIVILEDGE to vote in the future.  Personally, the 14 blank ballots are the very reason writers/media hacks SHOULD NOT be the guardians of the gate.  SMMFH.  

They act like mystical gate-keepers and make a mockery of the process - oh yeah, and many are simply arrogant pricks, and quite frankly, I'm not entirely convinced that that group of "good ole boys" are particularly diverse.  Who know who should be voting people into the HOF?  Yeah, that would be living members of the HOF - nobody else.  If you don't want to completely blow it up, make the "Veterans Committee" the sole arbitor with clear rules that state that "being a bad guy or mean to the press should not be taken into account."  

So let me see, Curt Schilling, Barry Bonds, and Roger Clemens can't get in the door?  OK, so let's take a look at this - Schilling had political views, Bonds was a jerk-off to the press and questions about the roids, and Clemens was a jerk-off and other questions.  Great, so we shouldn't elect bad guys - hell if we did that there'd be no Congress.  Yet as I understand it some pretty bad guys are already in the Hall, right?

In 2017, I went to Cooperstown and it was amazing, but you can't leave out these three - it's not a true HOF.   

California Winter.  California finally is getting a taste of Winter.  While it will only be for a few days, the wind was strong - and remember we are used to mild winters.  The good news here is that all this rain and snow are desperately needed and I hope that more comes in February-April.  We don't need another horrible fire season.

Final Thought.  In the end, I can only say this:  Fuck Politics, and the whiny little bitches who make money off making everybody suspicious of each other.  In the words of Carl Weathers #BePeace.  Don't buy into the bullshit.


Comments