Twitter

Twitter is a lightning rod of controversy.  Some believe that they enforce their own set of standards akin to censorship.  Uh no, I can find all kinds of takes from all ends of the political spectrum, so that's bullshit and the Republiturds need to shut the eff up and stop whining because you only make yourself sound like a bitter little bitch.  As for Demoncraps, I just ignore your asses - because you can't spend four years yapping about #Resist and then expect everybody to come together and sing kumbaya when you win.  Nope, ain't happening.  

Is Twitter a sewer?  Yep, but psst...here's the thing, you can control content.  You don't like something?  Ignore it, block it, mute the sender.  Don't hold your breath waiting for Twitter to block somebody because you don't like their takes.  It takes work and maintenance, but I've just about gotten my account to the point where it's not only tolerable - it's fun.  I honestly spent last night laughing at the silly Bernie memes, Gronk actin' a fool coming off the plane, and Bills Mafia.  I got inspired by some dishes I saw, I saw friends and cyber friends enjoying life.  

As for friends/followers, of course they're gonna have political takes.  I'm not cyber friends with them for their political takes, I'm friends with them because of their overall stuff, their connections to common interests such as sports, BBQ, or other non-political shit, and hell - even their sense of humor.  Politics is but one facet of a person - if I follow somebody its the overall character, not one thing.  

In the end, I like Twitter.  I like the silly and the sublime.  I have built my own eclectic group that I want to hear from - on different spectrums.  I love the Bernie Memes, and the rantings of the Iron Shiek.  I love Veterans sites, and restaurants.  I love the sports takes from most, I enjoy some nature scenes.  I like the travel sites from New Mexico, Key West, Ireland, Norway, and Iceland.  I like and follow Star Trek and BSG actors,  Writers, Poets, Comics, and BBQ Champions.  I even like Golfers who have funny stories.  I check out Weather and Fire reports, and even watch some live sports.  And guess what, I don't refer to a single person I follow or enjoy reading as an "influencer."  What the fuck is an "influencer" anyway?  

We need to stop being so uptight and start learning to have fun.  Don't waste your time being pissed about a tweet - move on - worry about your own life and set Twitter up to your likes.  

Comments