Tuesdays Tantrums - September 15, 2020

 


So it’s Tuesday, that means its time for some rants. 

Pop Culture.”  What the fuck does this even mean?  Some shit aimed at younger people?  Good Lord, look what it has achieved.  Seems to me that this is what has been done for time immemorial.  What’s so fucking different about this generation?  All you’re doing is telling snot nosed punks what is cool, what to think, etc..  FUCK YOU!!!

Political Sign Stealers.  OK, I’ve covered politicians, but what you are doing is totally stupid.  And memo to those grabbing American flags and tossing them on the ground while messing with said political signs:  Do you really believe that what you are doing is cool?  Do you really believe that people are going to change their minds because you take a sign?  My guess is that all you are doing is hardening peoples resolve.

Oh and to those “cool” people doing this – don’t you know that you get caught on multiple cameras? 

While I’m sending memos, memo to those who put signs in their front yard – why?  I get free speech, but why “trigger” folks?  Just cast your vote and don’t bother advertising.  Or, if you absolutely have to communicate who you’re for, just put the sign on the inside of the window in your house. 

There used to be a time where a person’s vote was just that – theirs.  So here’s my response to all this:  You know who I’m voting for?  Nunya business. 

LA County Sheriffs.  I guess it’s a sign of the times when I have to say this, but here goes:  ambushing two sheriffs and blasting them multiple times is wrong.  That’s bad enough, but I seriously question humanity when I hear about douchebags blocking the way for the emergency vehicles taking them to the ER and hoping those Sheriffs would die. 

 


Sunday Night NFL.  I have no use for either the Cowboys or the Rams, but I tried to sit through the game and I really couldn’t – there was just way too many commercials.  I thought this had been dealt with last year, but it seems just as bad. 

Stephen A. Smith.  I’m a Dallas Cowboy HATER, but I refuse to act like a buffoon like this guy.  Yeah, I’ll talk trash when Dallas loses, but to do what this guy does?  What’s the difference between he and Skip Bayless?  They both do shit for attention.


Ratings.”  There is talk that the NFL ratings are short, just as there was talk about NBA and MLB.  Perhaps people have changed during this pandemic.  Yes, there are those who are “boycotting” sports for various reasons - but they'll come back because eventually the money will come into play. 

I think that there’s much more in play here.  For years, many have been frustrated with various antics or behavior that they have found objectionable.  Many have been frustrated with the poor management of their favorite franchises (Sacramento and New York Knicks in the NBA, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Washington in the NFL, Seattle, Mets, Baltimore, and Miami in MLB), or the high cost of being a fan – buying a ticket - the parking fees, the food/drink, and then the trinkets - it's unaffordable to attend a game anymore.  Then there is the stuff where having to pay extra for things such as NFL Ticket or Cable fees are frustrating.  Add in the fact that the choice of games I had on regular TV (ATL/SEA, Vegas/Carolina) was crap.  Many such as myself are tired of the never ending commercials constantly interrupting the flow of games – they just don’t want to sit through that when all you need to do is go to your phone for the final result or hell even the play by play.

Maybe they have found different things to do.  Maybe people are finding their entertainment elsewhere – smart phones ring a bell?  Maybe they have realized that sports aren’t the “be all, end all” that they once thought.  Perhaps in some small way people are evolving.  I know that in my world, sports isn’t the overriding thing in my life anymore.  Yes, I will have it on the TV, but it is nothing more than background noise and honestly that's sad.

Comments